To be able to identify these factors we developed a new digital maturity model that is able to measure where your organization stands in its digital maturity. The model has several variables and is comprised out of 7 dimensions:
1. Organization and Activities. How supportive is your organization when it comes to digital strategy, managing & executing the plans? How are teams working together and are those processes aligned? Number one reason digital transformations fail is because organizations are not clear on what is means for them and their employees. Therefore, a clear vision & support from C-level is imperative.
2. Culture & innovation. Often the biggest hurdle to take is not infrastructure, but a culture shift to make digital transformation successful. So how does your organisation approach and support innovation? How are employees enabled to use digital technologies and are they trained and learning new skills? You need to make sure your employees are given the opportunity to develop the skills they need to work with the technologies needed to move your business forward in the digital age.
3. Technology. Of course no transformation can be completed with the right technology to support it. It will form the foundation of your digital business. What are your current systems and what are they capable in doing? Will they help you to perform better, automate processes and ultimately optimize your customer experience.
4. Data & Analysis. The data driven world we live in today will only increase in the future. You need to discover what data you already have available. You probably already have more than you think. However, leveraging that data and using it to gain the right and necessary insights is a different ballgame.
5. Customer experience and approach. This dimension measures how your organization ensures that the customer remains involved, how well it can meet the needs of the customer; ultimately how well it is responding to the customer experience.
6. Channel strategy. How and which channels are you using to help you make your marketing activities perform better? A recent study by Google shows that digital mature marketeers are 4x as likely to exceed business goals.
7. IT infrastructure and process optimization. Besides the technologies used in your organization which we measure in dimension 3, it is also necessary to investigate how your IT infrastructure is supporting the business processes and goals.